THIS ENTIRE SITE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION DURING NOVEMBER 2019
Hi there, I’m Stacey Posey!
I am so happy you are here.
Just like you, I LOVE my kids!
I also know how overwhelming being a mom can sometimes feel.
For years I had been on the roller-coaster of balancing all of life’s responsibilities. Unfortunately, I found that in all that busyness, I was failing at passing on the absolute truth of the Bible to my kids in a loving and lasting way.
One day it occurred to me that I would have to give an account of how I raised my children. That realization hit me hard!
There were 5 areas that the Lord called me to take a lot more time doing EVERYDAY:
- Pass down down Jesus to my family: His love for each of us, how He wants us to live, and that He is the only way to have an eternal life.
- Study and learn together the truth for all of our problems and dilemmas in the culture today found only in the Holy Bible
- Teach my children the skill of discernment of what we see and hear in our daily lives and how to apply wisdom and knowledge to our life and decisions
- How to boldly and lovingly discuss what they believe to anyone, especially the good news of the gospel
- Cover everything in daily prayers
I wonder: Has God asked you to do the same?
Maybe you are like I was and wondered how you will ever do such monumental tasks??!!!
Don’t worry… I did too. I’m still a big work-in-progress, by OH MY! Can I just say it??? GOD IS SO GOOD! He is SO VERY VERY GOOD.
He has blessed my tiny efforts and righted my wrongs every step of the way.
In fact, it’s that amazing, perfect peace inside me now that makes me want to show every mom, every parent, anyone what he is teaching me on this journey.
Where does that peace come from? It’s simple: being obedient.
The practical solutions I offer on this blog come straight from where the Lord has directed my paths. It has required a diligent, consistent effort on my part, which means I must work each and every single day to connect with my kids.
I believe it’s that connection I must consistently maintain that fuels my efforts on teaching them about the truth of the Bible.
Everyone has the God given need to know the truth. Kids and teenagers are no exception.
It’s that natural “fire” inside them that we can use for the kingdom or against.
What do you do if you have a fire? You either fuel it to make it bigger or extinguish it if you want it out.
How would a mom extinguish that fire inside her child? Easy. Do nothing.
At one point, I found I had become too comfortable. I was surviving motherhood. My kids were growing up fast, but there was a lot missing. Although I was definitely not expecting perfection in my kids or myself, I did see gaps.
Have you gotten to comfy too? (Click here to take the quiz and find out)
Like it our not, Satan wants you and your family. There is so much HOPE to be found in this next generation and Satan knows this!
There is NO ONE better to pass down the one, true God of the Bible to your kids than you, Mama! Why? I believe you are perfect for those kiddos because you are probably with them more that anyone else, right?
(For example, look here at how 5 minutes a day can add up in the life of your child.)
Maybe you need a little push or a few some tips. Look no further! I’m gonna be your biggest cheerleader!
Or maybe you need someone to walk with you every step starting at the beginning. Great! I love having some “walking partners”!
My passion is to show busy moms, like you, how to build deep, lasting relationships with their children, while confidently amplifying a faith that will shape the rest of their lives.
Being a mom to 7 kids has taught me many lessons! I absolutely adore each of my kiddos. My husband and I have 6 still at home and our oldest is in the military. We have a little hurricane toddler, little kids, a tween, teens and a young adult. When people tell me over and over that I have some “very awesome kids”, I totally agree with them, but know that they are awesome only by the sweet grace of God.
I’m not a perfect mom.
I have lost count of all the days when someone would have surely given me the “Worst Mother of the Day” award. I personally know the heartache that comes when parents fail. And I also know the abundant grace that comes when parents humble themselves before the Lord and commit to doing things His way.
Although we will never finish learning the best way to parent, over the 20 years I have been one, Jesus has been my rock and my redeemer. He’s the PERFECT parent and we can learn so much from Him on the biblical way to be a parent to our kids and also be their lifelong friend.
Jesus taught, preached and healed while He was here on earth. Thankfully, we can look in God’s word to find many examples of how Jesus interacted with people. We can take that and use it to grow our own faith and find answers on any of life’s troubles.
Let us all be in the middle of God’s plan.
Let us be the Bible to our kids.
Let us parent with truth, unashamed, to counter this ungodly culture our kids are immersed in.
Let us be constantly in prayer.
Let us love our kids by giving them something we can control, our time, throughout every day they are with us.
Let us stop teaching our kids by only saying, “Because I told you so” and instead explaining why our Lord said it was so.
And let us keep Christ first in our lives, always watchful of letting our own sinful passions take over our precious time and energy.
I sincerely hope you will look at the many resources available here on my site to help you in cultivating those meaningful relationships with your kids.
If you’d like to contact me with a question, please click here.
If you’re not sure where to start, just click here for help.
Subscribing to my weekly Fuseletter will get you a weekly jolt of inspiration, as well as any new blog posts for the week. Subscribers also get freebies only available to them (with new freebies added added at least once a month). Click here to subscribe.
And I’d be thrilled if you’d join me on social media! It’s on these channels you’ll get even more extras like “live” events and a community to share with. You’ll also get a glimpse of my own family life on social media. Click the links below to see my profiles:
P.S. I’m really here to be a blessing to all you mamas out there, but incase you want to know a bit more about me, below is a list of (mostly goofy) facts about me:
- I LOVE TO LAUGH! Seriously, laughter is my medicine. My kids and I love some good “fail” videos on YouTube, but our favorite show to watch is Dope or Nope.
- Our family lives in an old plantation house that we have mostly remodeled (I could kick myself for not blogging about our projects).
- Time for me to fess up. I know I look all sweet and inocent in my bio picture, but go back to my pre-kid days and I’ll tell you that I was a baaaaaad girl. I’m not saying that to brag. I’ve got a lot of scars and bruises from those days. One of my less scarring past pursuits was street racing (before there were reality shows about it). Now the only way I’m close to being bad is if I rarely watch an R rated movie (usually because it’s a military flick).
- Speaking of cars, my husband and I fell in love under the hood of his Chevy Nova.
- Going along with #3 and #4, I used to work as an auto mechanic (went to college for it too).
- If I didn’t have 7 kids, I’d probably be a big ole couch potato. My fitbit tells me that I’m far from that, although I struggle over loosing weight.
- I have had skin cancer and apparently have more I will be getting removed soon (prayers are appreciated).
- Going along with this last serious one, my daddy died of cancer in 2015, the same year I had a devastating miscarriage. Can we just say 2015 was not a good year??!
- I have had 3 miscarriages. My heart goes out to all the parents that bear this pain. Thankfully, I have peace know these precious babies are in heaven. I do miss them though and not a day goes by that I’m not thinking of each one of them.
- Now then, what do I enjoy doing? Baking…especially with my kids.
- What do I NOT enjoy? Ironing, washing dishes, and shopping. I really dislike those 3 duties.
- Currently, to find time to write, I have to get up at 3 a.m. This would not be possible without coffee or a supportive husband who cuddles with the baby while I’m up.
- Going along with #11, I am an unashamed co-sleeper. (Yes, I keep it safe). My husband and I adore sleeping with our babies.
- I’m also a big fan of breastfeeding! Ask me about this and you’ll have me on one of my soapboxes. Breastfeeding and co-sleeping are a perfect pair.
- Since last child was in womb, I’ve become a lot more educated about vaccines and the many problems associated with them:(
- Most days I wear no make-up and love to wear tennis shoes and jeans or yoga pants. Comfy should be my middle name!
- I have a tattoo. You’ll just have to guess where LOL.
- I’m only competitive if I’m rooting for my kids’ team or playing a board game. Our current favorite is Color Blind.
- I have a lot of favorite foods: plain cheesecake, french fries, key lime pie, and just about any meat (especially bacon). Too bad I can’t loose weight eating a high protein, high carb, high fat diet!
- I don’t know what you did last summer. I don’t even know what I did last summer. My memory is not the best, you might say. I usually have to look back at pictures to remember stuff and I own about 20 notebooks I currently keep notes in. My planner is “my brain”.
If I can remember, I will come back and add to this list periodically ♡